The Portuguese Victim Support Association presents the APAV / INTERCAMPUS Barometer on “Population Perception on Cybercrime and Security”. The study had as main objectives: to assess the perception of crime and the feeling of security, as well as personal experience in different criminal situations.
We highlight some conclusions:
- 34% of respondents experienced some fraud situations;
- Between 12% and 18% of people were targeted for online scams, such as phishing, via SMS, smishing, for urgent payment of alleged debt or on online shopping platforms.The majority, despite having been approached, did not accede to the request;
- 18% of respondents had some personal experience in the last 12 months, with thefts or robberies outside the home
- 45% of theft or robbery situations outside the home occurred in a private car
- 45% of theft or robbery situations outside the home occurred on public transport;
- 17% of respondents had some personal experience in the last 12 months, with theft or robbery at home;
- 42% of the situations involved the destruction of a door, window or similar;
- Less than half of the respondents filed a complaint or complaint with a police entity (PSP, GNR, PJ, SEF) or the Public Ministry.